Re: Healey website update

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Healey website update
From: WilKo@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 16:17:34 EDT
Thanks to all who offered advice and pointed out broken links and sdtuff.
I've fixed the biggie. The 1958 performance upgrade article is all fixed with
pictures.
I've added some new pictures of the car with the hardtop on and the front reg
number done british style and moved the site to a new server.
The old address will still work but the direct link is:
http://www.ewilkins.com/wilko/

Answers to some questions that I've got about the car:

Q. "Do your 195x15 tires clear OK?  I would like to go wider than my 165's.
I like the look of the 195's, but have always heard that the clearance for
suspension and fenders is a problem."

A. My 195 wide tires are only 60 tall. the offset of the wheels is such that
the inside edges don't rub at all and in turning there is no problem because
the tires are relatively short.

Q. "Is the Monza (exhaust) stainless?"

A. No, it's mild steel.

Q. "I noticed your steering wheel with 18 rivets.  My orig Derrington only
has 9
and all the research I have done says 9.  ????"

A. Mine, as mentioned at the site, was made by Mota Lita. It was cheap so I
bought it. It is not true to the small batch of originals that had wood
covering the outer edge, and I know nothing of the rivet counts.

Thanks for visiting,
Rick
San Diego