Clutch and brake extender

To: healeys@autox.team.net (Austin Healey)
Subject: Clutch and brake extender
From: ahy3000@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 12:15:18 +0000
The town finally paved enough of my street to get Furgie out for a spin this
weekend.  After spending the winter connected to a trickle charger, she fired
right up!  Quick check on fluids and away we went through Chelmsford, Carlisle,
and Concord (Massachusetts).

I did find some evidence of mice or chipmonks eating a rag left in the car
despite trays of mothballs placed on both floorpans.  If anyone has any advise
in that regard, short of chaining my cat in the car, I'd love to hear it.

I finally posted a scan of an extension piece I made up that goes between the
clutch or brake arm and the pedal (shoe?) itself for us vertically challenged
drivers.  It bolts up using the original holes, so the extension can be easily
removed if need be.  Let me know if you need more details.  You can find the
.jpg at http://burtweiner.home.comcast.net under the Healey menu.

BW

--
Burt Weiner