RE: Vancouver BC in July

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Vancouver BC in July
From: "Vink, Graham" <vinkg@fleishman.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 10:22:24 -0500
a side trip to Mount Baker, northwest corner of Washington state, is
well worth it. The reflecting lake at the base of the mountain is one of
the most-photographed lakes in the United States. If you like to hike,
there are lots of good trails. It's also a fairly nice drive to get
there once you get off Interstate 5.

Lodging tends toward the rustic and cheap side - ditto for the food.

One tip - the border crossing, especially back into the U.S., can result
in long waits. Many times it's quicker to take the truck crossing, for
which you take exits a couple of miles before reaching the border in
either direction - they are reasonably well marked.

-Graham