Re: Shock Absorber Rebuilders

To: <ggilliam@usol.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shock Absorber Rebuilders
From: "bob dyar" <bobdyar@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 18:10:23 -0700
At 09:16 PM 4/29/2002, you wrote:

I would be interested in the  cost to rebuild all four shocks on by Austin
Healey 100-6. What would the additional cost be for the links ?

Bobdyar@cox.net
========
Bob,
        Thanks for asking! Below is the shock information. On the links,
which are quite durable on the early Healeys, we would supply new ones if
necessary from the likes of Moss Motors at $40.00 each.
        The pricing for the shocks for an Austin Healey is as follows:
        Front... $59.95 each
                        plus a $60.00 core charge deposit each
        Rear.... $47.95 each
                        plus a $30.00 deposit each
        The core charge deposit is to ensure the return to us of rebuildable
units for future rebuilding. The deposit is charged only when you want us to
send you shocks so that you can exchange them with the ones currently on
your car. Upon receipt of your old, rebuildable shocks, credit is
immediately paid to your credit card, or by check. (By however you
originally paid) We offer UPS's Authorized Return Service, whereby you will
be sent a return PREPAID label to attach to the box with your cores. The
charge is the same as for the shipment to you and allows you to drop the
package at ANY business having regular UPS pickup as well as secondary sites
like Mailboxes, etc., etc.
        If you want us to rebuild YOUR own shocks, there would be no core
charge. Of course, we must have your shocks sent to us and they will be
rebuilt and shipped typically within 2-3 days after receipt.
        To figure freight, a pair of front shocks weigh 26 lbs, a set of 4
weighs 42 lbs. Freight is FOB Madison, WI.  53716
        When you receive your shocks, they are ready for immediate
installation. The fronts have new arm bolts which have been coated with an
anti-seize compound. Should you require the trunion bushings or bolts, we
can provide those as well. The shocks are also painted several coats of
black enamel over primer coats.
        If you have any questions, please call me at 800 362-1025 toll free
in North America. We can honor *most* special requests. New, visit our
updated shock catalog page on our web site!
        Thanks again.
        Peter C
-

World Wide Auto Parts