Re: 100-6 freeze plugs

To: foxriverkid@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: 100-6 freeze plugs
From: Mogfrog1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 22:03:00 EDT
Bob, I just had the same thing happen to my BN6 engine. The holes in my block
were "staked" or "peened" around the circumference. I should have guessed
that something would happen. Sure enough one fell out. Never had one fall out
one
of many engine rebuilds. I think the holes must have been rusty at some point
and eroded to oversize. Anyway, I put in one of those rubber replacement
freeze plugs available at any auto parts place like NAPA. I know it's not the
best
thing, but it works and will do until I decide if I ever want to do something
more permanent. I also changed the cap to a 4 lb. from a 7 lb. One more
thing. It must be a problem area as Denis Welsh sells a hold down kit that
consists
of a thin bar with 2 screws that require small holes drilled and tapped.
Hope that helps.
Cheers,
John Wright
BN1