Re: brake light switch

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: brake light switch
From: John Miller <healeys@n4vu.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 08:16:26 -0400
On Thu June 3 2004 7:41 am, Bob Johnson wrote:
> After replacing the wiring harness, I still have no brake lights):-(  Using
> an ohmmeter on the brake light switch, the switch works...it shows a
> circuit, but it does not show a dead short when the brake pedal is pressed.
> There is some resistance across the switch. Is this OK, or is this why I
> don't have brake lights?

That's probably it.  How much is "some resistance?"  It should be in the
neighborhood of an ohm.  I would alligator-clip up a test socket with a
stoplight bulb, right next to the switch.  Then you'll know for sure.

--
John Miller

Democracy is a process by which the people are free to choose the man who will
get the blame.
                -Laurence J. Peter