Re: BN2 Temperature Question

To: Awgertoo@aol.com, bbb11489@azboss.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: BN2 Temperature Question
From: Earl Kagna <kags@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 17:20:57 -0700
Russ:

Maybe God is trying to tell you that you are driving too fast - he talks to
me a lot more like that as of late!

Seriously, further to Michael's reply:  A malfunctioning vacuum advance unit
can cause weird overheating problems, including the inability to accurately
set the basic ignition timing.  It may be worthwhile having the distributor
checked out for a correct advance curve.  Lean carburetion can cause hot
running as well, although it doesn't sound like that's your problem.

I could tell you some stories about Healey vacuum advance

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BT7 tri-carb
BJ8