Re: Re timing marks (carbs)

To: "frogeye" <frogeye@swcp.com>
Subject: Re: Re timing marks (carbs)
From: Eric (Rick) Wilkins <wilko2@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:32:07 -0700
I'm not sure that have a real understanding of the function of the
mechanism. I used the word "choke" in quotes because the mechanism is
actually a mixture control. Using the throttle as you describe
precludes that usage.
I understand that you prefer not to let the throttle close all the way.
As I explained, and as the unit was designed, the throttle plate is,
indeed designed to close all the way. The air is to be let in via the
slow idle or "bypass" circuit.
The mixture control allows for a richer mixture for cold starts. If you
have the throttles adjusted the way you described you are not enriching
the mixture as you are letting more air and more fuel as you pull the
control.
The unit is designed very well and setup properly gets you both a
richer mixture, and a fast idle.
as I wrote before, why would you want less?

Rick
San Diego