Road to Conclave--arrived

To: Orbittor@aol.com, BogiStogi@aol.com, TonyOnboard@aol.com, NSR@adorno.com,
Subject: Road to Conclave--arrived
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 18:01:34 EDT
I departed with the pack from Fort Stockton this morning and arrived San
Antonio around 3.  The drive was uneventful and once past the town of Junction
we
were clearly in the Texas Hills, thick with what look to be Oaks and the
occasional evergreen.  Except for the fact that there are no oranges on the
trees,
the country is very reminiscent of the horse and citrus area of north-central
Florida.  Very nice driving.

Luckily I had been able to modify my reservation yesterday and checked into
the Radisson with no problems.  A Healey Boat is parked on a trailer in front
of the hotel and I see about 20 cars in the Healey section of the parking lot,
most no doubt belonging to local club members who appear hard at work in
anticipation of most registrants' arrival tomorrow.  BTW, I departed Maryland
with
61,504 miles on the odometer and arrived with 65,830=4336 driven to Conclave.

Thanks to the many encouraging words.
Best--Michael