Conclave--Sunday and Monday

To: Orbittor@aol.com, BogiStogi@aol.com, TonyOnboard@aol.com, NSR@adorno.com,
Subject: Conclave--Sunday and Monday
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 23:48:48 EDT
(Conclave being in San Antonio, it is only natural that each day be defined
by the organizers according to its main event, and described in the
vernacular.)

Yesterday was "Howdy Day" when most folks arrived.  The hosts threw a great
welcome reception last evening, complete with complimentary salsa and chips and
other snacks and drinks.  The obligatory Mariachi band cruised the room and
played popular favorites Mexican style--I especially liked their rendition of
"Beer Barrel Polka".  Many smiles were in evidence and I spent time with lots
of friends, both old and new.

Today was "Show-Off Day"--That's right, the Popular Car show.  We drove down
to the Alamo Dome parking lot in a bunch, complete with motorcycle police
escorts, for a group panoramic photo, and the cars were then disbursed to the
show
venue at nearby La Villita adjacent to River Walk downtown.  During the show
I had the pleasure of serving on the team that judged a 100 M for Concours
which went Gold.

Tomorrow is "Trail Ride Day".  Can you guess what is the main event?

Best to all--Michael