Re: Senate AB2683 analysis

To: Alan Schultz <alan@andysnet.net>
Subject: Re: Senate AB2683 analysis
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:18:42 -0700 (PDT)
Alan -

Yes you are right... lower income folks  here just use
the public transportation system here... which is
arguably the best public transportation system in the
world (you can get anywhere in the territory, very
conveniently, on one form or public transportation or
another for usually $1 or less).  I actually only
drive my Healey about twice a month... the rest of the
time I'm on the bus.

The old cars here?  They either get bought by grey
market resellers for UK and Australia because they can
buy RHD cars here for typically 50% to 80% less than
what they cost in UK/OZ (plus these old cars usually
are very low mileage... 30K miles tops).  Not too many
auto jumbles/salvage yards here... just very nice,
mint condition 10 year old BMWs, Mercedes, Saabs, and
Jags that sell for about $1,000 - $5,000 apiece (RHD,
unfortunately).

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8