Hood Emblem Quality Alternatives

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hood Emblem Quality Alternatives
From: "Steve B. Gerow" <steveg@abrazosdata.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 09:56:52 -0700
I know this has been discussed before, but was unable to find it in the
Archives:

I have an original hood emblem  with the cloisonne in good shape but the
chrome worn off and the brass showing through.

I recently returned one I bought from one of the east coast suppliers, who
assured me it was the best available. It was very "mushy" looking and had
dark red paint instead of the cloisonne. It was awful.

Is there a source who can re-chrome my existing one without screwing up the
cloisonne?

Does anyone have good replacements with crisp edges and cloisonne?

--
Steve Gerow
Pasadena CA