There and back again - longish again...

To: Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: There and back again - longish again...
From: James Sailer <heliskier@direcway.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2004 10:43:41 -0600
Happy Independence Day to the US listers ....

Made my forray to Jackson Hole yesterday in my BJ8... was great... 2 passes
on the way... at a clip and she never rose in temp above 190.... the chassis
loads up beautiffully as you increase throttle on corners... very very
fun... and very different with the 7/8 rose jointed sway bar and rear tube
dampers..... !.. she wanted to pull out of third all the way up both passes
(even Teton pass) and had to hold her back some .... and no-one was on the
road... as my speedo is not yet hooked up I only can say it seemed like a
nice fast couple of climbs ...

The Jackson Hole car aution had a few nice cars...  noboday was bidding
though...  an MGA .. a coupe MGA.... a 70 Morris Cooper S, a nice 356C, a 63
diesel Land Rover 109 just restored (good) where they had invested 58k in
the resto (no sale) .... a midget, a B ... misc american iron including a
few great looking pickups......

Hit teton park for a few moments to take a few pics of the healey.... then
headed home the other way (around apline canyon and into swan valley...
then flat out home across an area called antelope flats.....  The healey was
flawless... (except for a few squeeks i need to work out) .... never missed
a beat .....  up to 4k on the tach in 5th gear with my smitty conversion...
no idea how fast it was though....

two minor things:

1. oil pressure ... when I toot around town my oil pressure is 20 at idle
and about 47 at speed...  on my cruise after an hour my cruising oil
pressure (2500 rpm) was about 40.. at 3000 rpm was about 43 ... at idle
showed about 15 to 17 ... anyone think this may be low ???

2. I seem to have a slight rear whine .. when i have a light foot on the
throttle .... at occurs only at a higher speed...  any thoughts..  normal??

Well..  Best all..

Jim Sailer
66 BJ8 - on the raod again