Re: BN1 Dimmer Switch

To: mewilliams@comcast.net
Subject: Re: BN1 Dimmer Switch
From: CNAArndt@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 16:05:39 EDT
Michael,

The cutout in the footwell of the BN1/2s was designed so the that
dimmer/dipper switch could be mounted from the inside.  The diamond shape of
the
insulator on the back of the switch fits perfectly the cutout in the footwell.

IN PRACTICE THEY WERE NEVER ASSEMBLED THIS WAY!

I was puzzled about this for years, however after examining literally dozens
of original cars, I found that they were all assembled with the switch mounted
from outside the cockpit/footwell.

I know of two individuals who have attempted to install this switch from
inside the footwell and each time the switch shorted out and would not work
properly.  Probably why it was changed at the factory.

Cheers,

Curt Arndt
Carlsbad, CA
'55 BN1, '60 AN5

In a message dated 7/5/04 11:06:27 AM Pacific Daylight Time,