Re: Rear wheel noise during shifting

To: jbpate@attglobal.net, Healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear wheel noise during shifting
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 20:53:44 -0700 (PDT)
Barry -

Check the following (all these things can cause that
noise):

1) Loose rear shock mount bolt (very common)
2) bad U joint
3) loose spline (i.e. nuts not holding the spline to
the brake drum tight) or loose axle hub nut (the big
eight sided one)
4) worn splines on spline hub & wire wheel hub- if
it's worn it can pop to the next spline under
acceleration (if this is the case... it'll completely
strip out very very soon).

Hope that helps,

Regards,

Alan