Jim Albeck

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Jim Albeck
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 00:12:54 EDT
Some things in life you expect; other things just seem as if they won't ever
happen. Jim's passing hit me hard. Somehow, I just always believed that he
would be around to try to convince us that Healeys were meant to have
air-conditioning, twenty fuses, purple exteriors, and a five-speed tranny (or
even an
autobox) and there would always be someone to warn the newbies against playing
liar's poker with Smitty. No one I've met in the Healey movement ever had a
better attitude about life, or enjoyed it more. He will be sorely missed, by
Shirley most of all, of course, but by anyone else who ever had the privilege
of
touring with him.
Gary Anderson