RE: Brake Problem

To: "'Scot paulson'" <SPAULSON1@compuserve.com>
Subject: RE: Brake Problem
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 20:40:02 -0400
Scot,
The servo unit has to take in a lot of fluid before you will see much
evidence in the vacuum line.
Replacement units, somewhat different in appearance from the originals,
are available, we have them in stock, and we also carry rebuild kits for
the originals.
I would say that a servo rebuild is a 9 on a 1-10 scale of difficulty.
Sometimes all goes well and the rebuild is a success, but more often
that not you will encounter continuing leakage problems or a servo unit
which tends to hold the brakes in the on.
The first time I rebuilt one I must have had it off 10 times before I
got it right, of course that was back in 1976 and there was no such
thing as the list to help out!!

Michael Salter
www.precisionsportscar.com