Voltage regulator - Light Stays on.

To: "Healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Voltage regulator - Light Stays on.
From: "Rick Neves _._" <Rick@genomictechnologies.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:37:22 -0400
As someone had mentioned earlier this week , I too have a situation where the
voltage regulator does not click on and my dash light stays on after starting
the engine. I manually flipped the voltage regulator relay (Or what ever it
is, I'm really experimenting here..) Anyway the light did go out when I did
that.  I did it while the car was running to avoid letting out any smoke!

So in my feeble analysis I figure that the VR is not doing its thing.

Does any body have a procedure for testing this VR off the vehicle. Seems to
me that you could apply 12VDC to a couple of the termini on the VR and have it
click in.
My Healey is a BN-2 with positive ground. The generator is recently rebuilt
and I bench tested it myself as well as applying voltage to it on the bench
and I got it to turn like a motor. From my understanding of how things work
that should have assured the correct polarity.

Sincerely

Rick Neves
'56 BN-2

_._