Re: Healey on Forbes.com

To: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>,
Subject: Re: Healey on Forbes.com
From: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:13:06 -0700
G'day Patrick,

That's what I thought at first but if you read towards the end the article
states

 "... Christie's will hold an auction of classic cars,  many of which
ran at Le Mans ..."

A bit of bait-and-switch, for sure.

bs
Bob Spidell         San Jose, CA        bspidell@pacbell.net

Subject: Healey on Forbes.com

G'day Bob

My heavens it's annoying when respected organisations advertise cars for
sale incorrectly.

It is indeed a Works Sebring 3000 carrying English registration 767 KNX
but it dates from 1964 Sebring 12 hour and driven by Hopkirk. After it
was sold to Ted Worswick and run in European races.

The car that ran and won its class in 1965 driven by Paul Hawkins and
Warwick Banks is in fact a BJ8 and still exists here in Australia. Its
owner Joe Armour who is a member of this list is enjoying the delights
of root canal therapy as I write this, and will no doubt be pleased to
see this mistake.

I really did find it amusing to see what cars were seen as Le Mans
winner. A little marketing license I would say.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia