Re: Upholstery questions

To: <djjob@noos.fr>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Upholstery questions
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:03:00 -0400
Derek,
The information you need will depend entirely on the series of seat you're
doing. Early vs. late are as different as night and day!
I know you have an early BN4, but I also know that you used to have a later
series of seat installed in the car.
Have you gone back to the originals for the car? In your case they should be
the same as the Hundred seat, with a 2" deep metal pan bolting to the seat
tracks, with a wood bottom seat cusion assembly that inserts into the pan.
Then the seat back should be the type with a 3" high lamination of 1/8" wood
wrapping around the lower back and riveted in place. This is to use a line
of small tacks to anchor the material to the lower rear of the seat back,
which in turn are hidden by a "hidem" strip.The later ones (which your car
should NOT have) use the barbed clips to anchor the material to the inside
bottom area of the seat back.
Let me know which you are installing and I'll get back to you with a more
complete description.
Rich Chrysler