Re: wire wheels

To: "James Shope" <healeymanjim@joimail.com>,
Subject: Re: wire wheels
From: "Pat Davis" <PADDYMCK@peoplepc.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 18:12:47 -0400
Jim,

I have 72 spoke chrome 51/2J -15 rim/stainless spoke wheels from Hemphills
Healey Haven, Baltimore, 410-788-2291 fitted with 185/70-15 Vredestein
Sprint Classic radials.  They came as a package, mounted and balanced.  The
rims are built with all the spokes mounted into the outer lip of the rim to
clear the larger BN2 drum brakes.  They ride and handle very well.  The only
problem was that they did not have tubes fitted.  There was a shrink fit
ring over the spoke nipples to make the seal and it worked on three rims.
One had a slow leak and when I had it checked we discovered the lack of
tubes and added them.  You could ask to have them fitted before mounting and
balancing or have it done yourself later.  The opinion from the tire guy who
saw them was that the bead seal could have let go under hard cornering
without the tubes.

regards,

Peter Davis