Re: Antenna Revisited

To: "healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Antenna Revisited
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 20:34:38 -0500
>From time to time it the subject of how to do an radio antenna on you car
cames up, esp. for those who don't want to drill a hole in the car or have a
big old antenna towering over our low slung cars.

I just wired up my antenna to the passenger side fender mount mirror, the
outer part of the coax goes to ground, the inner to a grounded mirror.  The
grounded mirror was easy, it was already on a rubber base, I wrapped some
electrical tape around the base bolt and used a fiber washer under neat the
fender, probably about a 15 minute operation.  I have a noise supressor and
antenna booster as well (cheapies from Wal Mart, but I don't think Wally
world deals in such things anymore).

Anyway the improvement over the dash grab handle, the former antenna, was
drastic, doubled the number of stations I can pull and even get a little AM
(non before).

Used an existing grommet so no extra holes or modes to the body.

Got the inspiration from an antenna/mirror on e-bay a while back.

Just an idea.

Regards,

Greg Lemon
54 BN1