Re: Cooling Down. New water pump and radiator cleaning.

To: "Patton Dickson" <kpdii@earthlink.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cooling Down. New water pump and radiator cleaning.
From: "Keith Pennell" <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 23:13:38 -0400
Patton,

Go easy on the amount of black paint you put on the core.  The thicker the
paint the more insulation and the more insulation the poorer the heat
transfer.

On the red paint for the fan shroud use a orange-red, chinese red or
something like the Colorade red.  It should not be a red-red.  It is bright
red if you know what I mean.  You should be able to find a suitable can in
any home improvement store.

Keith Pennell