radiator caps

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: radiator caps
From: Jerry Wall <jwbn6@iopener.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 11:08:10 -0500
healey surgeons has caps for both the 100  and 6's which are identical in
appearance to the originals -- correct TIGHTEN &  REVOVE SLOWLY wording, says
made in england to the right of the rounded brass center rivet and has the
appropriate pressure ( 4 or 7 lbs. ) to the left of the brass rivet.  $6 100's
and $8 for 6's.

i'm sure other suppliers may also have them, however, i know healey surgeons
has them since whomever i gave a cap to at conclave tx had them send me one.  i
can't remember who i gave one to and inan can't remember who had her send it to
me.  she told me she has stocked this cap for some time but it was news to me.
i was still under the mistaken impression the stant cap through NAPA  was as
close to the original in appearance as was available.

so those of you with a radiator cap fetish ............................