Re: Metal finishing; Cad vs. Tin, etc?

To: moomau@verizon.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Metal finishing; Cad vs. Tin, etc?
From: Jerry Wall <jwbn6@iopener.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 17:55:59 -0500
when having cad plating done whether barrel plating or individual pieces, be
sure and have the plater bake everything according to his mil spec.  this
removes the hydrogen embrittlement where the nuts and bolts can be used again.

i never kept things in little separate sacks for each assembly.  sort all of
your nuts and bolts by diameter and length and when you are in the reassembly
stages, use the parts manual for your car.  the factory part prefix and number
tells you everything you need to know -- type of screw or bolt and length and
diameter.  see page 182-186 in anderson/moment restoration manual.