2 1/2 Years

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: 2 1/2 Years
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 18:46:16 -0400
Hi List,

I had been unable to work on, or drive my BT7 for the last 2 1/2 years. Now I
am getting ready to get it on the road again.

The car is a 100% stock BT7 tricarb. When it was unexpectedly "put up", it was
essentially brand new, having been completely restored, stem to stern. This
included complete rebuilds of engine, trans, OD, rear end. -All new fluids.
The car had about 35 miles on the restoration before being garaged. The
gasoline was run dry at the time. It has Silicone brake fluid.

I plan to replace the engine oil, squirt some oil into the cylinders, replace
the coolant, and check trans, brake, clutch and differential levels before
proceeding. I have purchased a new battery (Thanks for the recommendations).

What other precautions would you recommend before attempting to fire it up?

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA

Check out the new British Cars Forum: