Re: tri-carb overflow tubes

To: "Kurt Leslie" <kansl@net1plus.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: tri-carb overflow tubes
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 10:54:32 -0400
Hi Kurt,

I'm not sure what you mean by black "stamped" braided hose.  The two fuel
lines between the 3 carbs are black, with steel braided sheath. The end of
each line has a black rubber cap in it to keep the braid from unraveling.
The small band clamps go over this rubber cap at the ends of the hoses. The
band clamp is not the standard "worm gear" type clamp with slots in the band,
the band has no perforations, and the ends of the band are bent outward with a
small Phillips screw that pulls those ends together when tightened. I'm pretty
sure that these are the only band clamps on the whole car. All of the other
hose clamps are wire clamps.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA