Re: License plate, the reality TV version

To: N5572B@aol.com, holmes@mcn.org, brianmix@cox.net, clocks@midcoast.com,
Subject: Re: License plate, the reality TV version
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 19:20:39 -0700 (PDT)
Dave / Everyone -

Yes in fact I used to have black plates on my BJ8 but
then I got a parking ticket and was also "fix-it"
cited for not having a front license plate by some
Lonely, Masochistic, Egotistical, Jack-booted Berkeley
Lezbo-Nazi Meter-Manish Maid (no offense intended
here...).

Unfortunately, because of the fix-it ticket, I was
required to go to Oakland DMV and was greeted by a
Sweaty, Fat-Assed, Overpaid DMV Desk Nazi (with 5
children by three different ex-boyfriends) and she
forced me to change to white reflector plates probably
because she probably didn't like the looks of my
freshly pressed button down shirt and slacks.

As Bugs Bunny once said to the monster "Do I offend?"

The lines were so long at DMV I just didn't have the
gumption to go shopping around at various DMVs until I
got someone nice & reasonable... so white reflector
plates it is.

The upside of all of this is my BJ8 now sports UK
style yellow plates with black letters, which is the
standard here in Hong Kong.  Very fetching and at $5 a
piece, its cheap!

Cheers,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8

--- N5572B@aol.com wrote:

> Daylight Time, holmes@mcn.org
> writes:
> It
> seems that it is up to the descretion of the person
> at DMV.
> Yes, DMV is an interesting place because you can ask
> 10 different employees a
> question and sometimes get 10 different answers...if
> they tell you know, go
> back a different day or go to a different office.
> cheers,
> Dave
> 59 BT 7
> Paradise, CA (really NORTHERN California... >:-D

Check out the new British Cars Forum: