RE: Parts washer advise sought

To: "Ross Maylor" <ross_vm8@telus.net>,
Subject: RE: Parts washer advise sought
From: "Peter Ryner" <pryner@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 20:03:46 -0400
Back in the early 70s in the Air Force I used an ultrasonic cleaner with
triclorethane and heat.  The system heated the fluid and had a some chiller
tubes around the top of the tanks to condense the tric and return the vapors
into the tank.  Outstanding cleaner, but not very healthy to use without the
proper safety equipment, nor very good for the environment.  I would highly
recommend the ultrasonic, but like you say, it is a little $$ for individual
use.  I picked up a parts cleaning tank from a local place similar to harbor
freight.  Works with about 10 gallons of fluid, has a brush, constant flow
and a filter.  Cost less than $100 and works fine.  Lots of ideas out there
about which cleaning solution to use.  Just be sure to use something with a
high flash point to limit the possibility of fire.
Pete

David,
 I did not see a response to your parts washer query. The lastest rave in
parts washing is ultrasonics. Check out http://www.omegasonics.com/
A tad expensive for the home shop but there may be smaller versions out
there.

Regards
Ross Maylor
'58 BN6