Re: Montery mix up

To: "Rizzo Steven D LtCol AETC/XPRU" <Steven.Rizzo@RANDOLPH.AF.MIL>,
Subject: Re: Montery mix up
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 19:48:54 -0400
Steve wrote:
So, why are increasing values "crazy", to quote David?

I agree with you Steve, Having done a ground-up restoration on a tricarb,
knowing the cost of parts, supplies and services, not to mention the
incalculable hours of my research and labor, and adding the time taken by
helpful club members and listers, -The 30 to 35K top dollar generally seen for
an immaculate car seems paltry. I do hope they follow XKE's to some degree
sometime....

....But If I can guess at David's intent, I have been to the Pebble Beach
show, and seen the prices paid at the annual auction. -I think what David was
getting at was that pristine cars at that auction can go for 2 and 3 times
what any sane person would pay at almost any other venue..  Lots and lots of
people with more money than they know what to do with, generally attend. It is
likely the most hoidy-toidy auction in the western hemisphere...

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA