Re: Engine stand plans

To: "Rick" <webmasterrick@comcast.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine stand plans
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 20:14:20 -0400
Not that I'd recommend this by any means...But I bought the heaviest no-name
V-8 engine stand I could find at a car show flea market...  For the better
part of 2 1/2 years, my 3000 6 cylinder engine was mounted to it. Prior to and
after the rebuild, and all during reassembly.... I used 4 of the largest grade
5 bolts I could make fit through the mount and through the end plate...  You
really have no Idea how long that six IS until it's hanging off an engine
stand....
In retrospect, that was dumb, as it is probably a miracle that the head of
that stand didn't snap it's weld...  But looking back, as it turned out, that
was a well spent $75!!!!

Dave