Wheels

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Wheels
From: Simonlachlan@aol.com
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 17:41:02 EDT
It may not be as silly a question as I think, but I've learnt - the hard  way
- not to be too embarassed at having to besport my ignorance around the
list. So........
1) How can I discover and be sure as to what size my wheels are? I suppose
the "15" on the tyre says I've got fifteen inch wheels, but how do I ascertain
the width? 15 by 4 was standard I think, but I'd guess mine are 5 or maybe
5.5.  Where do I measure? What part of the profile?
Attempts thus far have not yielded 4, 4.5, 5, 5.5 etc...
2) A nother question, more for the UK types...are there any out there? Not
nearly as many as there should be, I know that. (Our local club is practically
a  net free zone. Their loss.) So...where does one go to get chrome wires at a
 sensible price? I've turned up quite a variety of prices. I'm not looking to
 spend a fortune, but I'd like value for money.
Thanks,
 Simon.