Re: Healey Message "Trailer"

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Healey Message "Trailer"
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 08:49:50 -0400
The "out of office reply" loop actually happened on the Healeys list once
(before I joined the list in 1996).  For a while, it was noted on the list as
the anniversary of "Black Tuesday" came around.  As I recall, it had a name
(the "Dan _____ syndrome") based on the name of the poor guy who flooded
everyone's inbox.

I'm not sure that is the reason for the trailer, because the trailer was only
added within the last year or so.  I thought the reason was to force people to
avoid building long strings of e-mail/reply/e-mail/reply.... by just hitting
the REPLY ALL button for every post.  The trailer ensures that you at least
consider deleting what came before.  As the last line says:  "Edit your