Re: should I undercoat my ---

To: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@pacbell.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: should I undercoat my ---
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:00:34 -0400
I tried all kinds of stuff to remove the 40? year old undercoat on mine. I
think if there were a way to keep the surface wet with a lot of those solvents
for an adequate period of time for them to soften and then penetrate that
hardened undercoat, then it might have worked. ,,,,,But just try to keep
solvent up on the underside of a car!  And you can spray it on, brush it on,
wipe it on, but it insists upon evaporating before it can do any real good...
I had to resort to endless scraping and chipping.  ...Then I cleaned up the
surface with paint thinner afterward.
Freshly prayed undercoat may be easier....  ...I think I'd use that painter's
scalp to scrub the stuff off with!!

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA