RE: Monterey Historics

To: "'N5572B@aol.com'" <N5572B@aol.com>, Healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Monterey Historics
From: "Freese, Ken" <Ken.Freese@Aerojet.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 07:23:08 -0700
Dave,
One correction, the 100S sn 3506, is owned by Jon Savage, not Don. It
participated in the 1955 Sebring race, thus the racing number 45, same as
the 55 race. Because of the 50'th 100S anniversary, the Rolex Moment in Time
tent had a fantastic AH display with the 100S on display. This display was
very well done and will be travelling to Lime Rock for the Vintage Festival.
I believe the Vintage Festival will occur on Labor Day weekend. I encourage
Healey enthusiasts to go and see the display and promised 4 100S's. Jon is
from Rhode Island so will be there for sure. The car just arrived from its
Steve Pike Australian restoration and was formarly owned by Scotty Aurandt
and Wanda Wilkerson of Texas.
Bob Griffin also had sn 3802 at the Monterey Motor Racing Show at Quail
Lodge on Friday and did quite well, just too many Ferrari's this year.
Shortly he will be off for the Colorado Grande, so that 100S also gets
driven hard.
This was the Monterey year of the Ferrari and I was surprised at meeting for
the first time two Healey owners that also have Ferraris. I am sure there
are many more.
Oh yes: RM auction results. A Tanner restored golden beige BJ8 with
incorrect red interior was $75000 and a nice 100M was 65000. The Chapparal 1
went for 1,010,000. That was the only auction I happened to go to.
Ken Freese
65 BJ8