"Dynamo-style Alternator

To: list healey <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: "Dynamo-style Alternator
From: linwood rose <linwoodrose@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 07:21:21 -0400
This is the response I received from Steve Turner at Racemettle.com.
for those who might be interested.
The price is a bit steep! I guess "looking" original is much more
expensive than being original.

The Dynalite is an exact replacement for either the C40 or C40L dynamo.
can't be sure, but I think the Healey was fitted with one of them. The
C40
has a step in the body and the dimension between front and rear mounting
brackets is 144mm (approx. same length as the body). The C40L has no
step
and is 11mm longer.

It is intended that you use the existing pulley but it needs to be
drilled
out from 15mm to 17mm so you need a 17mm drill. We can manufacture alloy
pulleys to your requirements if necessary at #34.00 each.

Output is 40amps compared to the dynamo at 22amps.

The total price of the unit including VAT is #335.00 and packing and
delivery is #9.99. I currently have a batch in build and anticipate they
will be available for despatch in the next 7 days. This includes general
wiring details and pulley fitting instructions.

Regards
Steve Turner
For Racemettle Ltd
High torque light weight starter motors and alternators.
Tel:01427 679784
Fax:01427 810593
www.racemettleltd.co.uk

Check out the new British Cars Forum: