Re: Getting ready to paint - two tone?

To: "Brett Bonner" <bbbonner@fedex.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Getting ready to paint - two tone?
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 00:47:37 -0400
BN6 Colorado Red cars had red interiors with black piping, or gray interiors
with red piping.
BN6s were available in Colorado red with black coves, but the interiors were
red with black piping. -Be aware that the black paint only goes up to the
first break in the swage line, and that the crease itself remains red.

My BT7 was C. Red and I wanted to use a black interior if at all possible. I
contacted the tricarb registry and they were able to produce for me one BMIHT
certificate for a C red 62 tricarb car with black interior red piping, which
allowed me to do the same, with documentation. You may want to try contacting
the registry keeper for the BN6

Without such documentation, you really need to go with the officially accepted
combinations. You probably would not get deducted for it at most open class
(multi-marque) judgings. but you would have deductions at a Healey
competition.

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA