Australia's off Our East Coast???

To: "Healey List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Australia's off Our East Coast???
From: "John Soderling" <jsoderling@astound.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 20:47:31 -0700
I noticed in the August issue of "Healey Marque" an announcement about a 2005
Australia-U.S. Healey Challenge.  Sounds exciting except all of the venues are
on the Midwest, east coast and Canada, and the awards banquet takes place at
the AHCA Conclave banquet in Winston-Salem, N.C.

If you ship cars in from Australia, wouldn't they logically land on the west
coast?  Where were the west coast Healey racing enthusiasts?  Where were our
west coast vintage racing clubs?  Our west coast Healey Clubs?  What about
Portland International Raceway, Infineon/Sears Point, Thunderhill, Laguna
Seca, Willow Springs, and the Rocky Mountain, Southern Cal & Arizona tracks?
Was everyone on the west coast sleeping when this Healey Challenge was being
put together?

Vrooom vrooom,
John
Walnut Creek, CA