Help with a frame problem

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help with a frame problem
From: "Elton Schulz" <eschulz@frontiernet.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:47:20 -0400
Fellow Listers:
I need your advice. In the process of restoring my 63 BJ7, I discovered that
my frame is out of line. With the rear level across the boot area, the front
left corner of the frame is about 1/2 inch higher than the front right corner
when measured from a level surface. Also there is a 1/4 -3/8 inch sag in both
the left and right frame rails, most pronounced in the area of where the front
outriggers meet the frame rails. Have any of you run into a similar problem
and if so, how did you solve it? Anything short of putting the chassis on a
frame machine? Currently the chassis is without the rear axle or front
suspension so it isn't too easy to get it to a shop. My initial thought is to
somehow tie the frame to the garage floor and pull the opposite corners of the
frame down. Am I way off base on this? Your thoughts would be very much
appreciated. Thanks.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: