100M carburettor piece

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: 100M carburettor piece
From: "Allen C Miller, Jr." <acmiller@mhcable.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:25:06 -0400
I need to replace one of the original vent and drain pipes on the `00M. These
are different from the stock 100-4 vents, as they turn up, not down, and are
bent over to the cold air box. Does anyone have a source for these? The Moss
catalogue is confusing. They show the stock 100-4 type of annular vent piece,
with the pipe pointing down, but attribute  it as a  "100M" fitting (part
451-250). I started to make them, but it is tricky brazing in a steel tube
onto the brass without deforming the brass. I was using steel brake line
stock, which was the right diameter, but that does not bend as sharply as the
original, even with significant heat, without cracking apart.

allen miller

Check out the new British Cars Forum: