BN2 tappet/cam follower replacement - engine in car

To: "healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: BN2 tappet/cam follower replacement - engine in car
From: "Pat Davis" <PADDYMCK@peoplepc.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 20:08:08 -0400
Can anybody who has tried this, confirm if it is possible to remove the BN2
engine side cover to change the tappets while the engine is still in the car
and attached to the mounts, having first removed the rockershaft assembly,
pushrods and carbs, inlet/outlet manifolds for access.  The Moss catalog
designates the cover lower edge front screw #70 as short, in front of the
engine mount as if to make it seem possible.  I just hope I put the short
screw back in the right hole during the rebuild.

Thanks in advance,

Peter Davis

Check out the new British Cars Forum: