Bret Blades Re: Austin Healey Air Conditioning

To: Bret Blades <razorblades@mindspring.com>
Subject: Bret Blades Re: Austin Healey Air Conditioning
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 19:36:59 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Bret -

I am a bit concerned about the compressor's heat
exchanger unit, which I assume I will have to place in
front of the radiator.  Is there a way to do this
without reducing the amount of colling the engine
gets?  I assume I'd have to  remove the radiator air
dam (located in front of the radiator)... I'm worried
about installing an airconditioning system at the
expense of the car's ability to cool itself.

What is your experience with this?

Thanks,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8
--- Bret Blades <razorblades@mindspring.com> wrote:

> I have just finished development of an air
> conditioner bracket for 6
> cylinder Austin-Healeys.  I understand there may be
> considerable
> interest in it.
> The first installation in a customer's car is
> complete, and turned out
> nicely.  It requires relocating the coil and rear
> horn (BJ8).
> The bracket I made replaces the weak generator
> bracket on the engine.
> My bracket requires a Sanden 508 compressor, and
> conversion to an
> alternator.  The brackets, belts, and bolts are
> included.  I can sell
> you one for $250, plus shipping, and tax, if you are
> in Texas.  I can
> provide a new alternator ($110), or information on a
> junkyard model.
>
> You can find much cheaper kits, and a nice guy, Pat,
> at
> www.street-products.com
> <http://www.street-products.com/> ,   Phone
> 817-551-9425
>
> If I have sent you this message in error, I
> apologize.
>
> Bret Blades
>
> (972)264-5400

Check out the new British Cars Forum: