Re: Hardtop Vent

To: linwood rose <linwoodrose@mac.com>, list healey
Subject: Re: Hardtop Vent
From: Paul Baker <paulbaker51@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:58:30 +0100 (BST)
Hi Lin,

I have a hardtop vent on my competition BJ8 and I can assure you that even in
our moderate UK climate it makes a big difference to the level of heat in the
car.  Its still hot in the car but you certainly notice the difference.

Paul

66 BJ8 rally rep
67 BJ8

linwood rose <linwoodrose@mac.com> wrote:
Hi all,
I am in the process of restoring my 1960 BT7 hardtop, and I am
considering installing the top vent as found on works rally cars. I am
not sure that I like the esthetics of the addition. Could someone who
has one of these vents in their hardtop tell me if it makes enough
difference in cooling the cockpit to make it worth sacrificing the
smooth appearance of the original top? Thanks.

Lin Rose
1960 BT7 in restoration
1959 Bugeye

Check out the new British Cars Forum: