BT7 Hood Seal

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: BT7 Hood Seal
From: "davidwjones" <davidwjones@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:33:41 -0400
On the tricarb, there is a bonnet seal that goes on the lip of the hood
opening just above the air cleaners. The same seal as on the other six cyl
cars, but a bit longer, to accommodate protection from water for the three
carbs...

The last time I checked 4 years ago, the only bonnet seal available was
impossible to install correctly. IE: the curled thin part of the seal should
curl outboard, or toward the fender and away from the carbs. However, all of
the seals available at the time were too stiff to allow the hood to close
properly if installed the correct way. Almost all cars I have seen have had
this seal installed in what I have been told is the wrong-way round.

The seal(s) I was able to get 4 years ago could only be installed with the lip
curled toward the engine, if you wanted the hood to close. .....It's a small
matter, but today, does anyone offer these seals that will work when installed
the correct way-round?

David W. Jones
'62 Mk II BT7 tricarb
Cumberland, RI USA