Re: Healeys in SCM

To: John Peak <redbn7@yahoo.com>, Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Healeys in SCM
From: Randy Hicks <healey100m@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 20:07:08 -0400
Actually the Headline on the cover is misleading. The Pat Moss car was not
the most expensive Healey sold (sets record). I believe it was 57 FAC which
sold in 1998 for $349,627 (US$). It was owned by Phil Combs and restored by
Tom Kovacs at Fourintune.

Randy Hicks
'56 100M

On 9/1/04 2:58 PM, "John Peak" <redbn7@yahoo.com> wrote:

> List,
>
> I just received the October issue of Sports Car Market magazine and was
> delighted to see that in this issue they are celebrating the big Healeys.  In
> it you will find editor Martin recounting his trip to Tahoe two years ago in
> his BJ7, an article on collecting big Healeys featuring Kurt Tanner, an
> article on the last big Healey to be imported into the US, and an article
> detailing the sale of the Pat Moss/Ann Wisdom Works Rally Car.  Big Healeys
> also appear in a couple of other unrelated articles as well.
>
> If you have never read Sports Car Market, I encourage you to look for it.  It
> is a pleasure to read even when big Healeys are not featured.  If you are a
> subscriber like me, you are in for a treat.  It's nice to see our cars getting
> the respect and attention they deserve.
>
> John Peak
> '59 BN7

Check out the new British Cars Forum: