Bonneville...

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bonneville...
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 20:13:01 -0500
Someone pointed out to me today that I'd left the Healey list off my
Bonneville post... so here you go.

This year I had two cars on the Salt... both the Camaro and the Berkeley....

My wife Tonya set a record in the Berkeley at 241.414 mph and David Freiburger
set a record with the Camaro FINALLY at 243.015mph with a Vortec supercharged
408cubic inch small block...  They both had perfect runs to get them into the
Bonneville 200mph club... awesome feat for a hick from nowhere Alabama.... (
especially considering David is the Editor of Hot Rod Magazine ).... oh and
he's taking the car to the Sema show...

We stuck Ted Wenz ( my engine builder ) in the car and he ran 253 a couple of
times but we lost the record due to some paper work... long ugly story but a
fact of life...

We are going back to the Salt here in two weeks to see if we can't get that
record back... and then we take the winter off to get ready for next year....

Keith

Check out the new British Cars Forum: