Re: Holes in wings

To: davidwjones@cox.net, richchrysler@quickclic.net, linwoodrose@mac.com,
Subject: Re: Holes in wings
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2004 11:17:19 EDT
In a message dated 9/3/04 8:34:05 PM, davidwjones@cox.net writes:

> --Check the two spears and see the difference when you mount them to a flat
> surface. ---Also, if it were for alignment of the spears or a jig for the
> fenders, that then does not explain all of the fenders before and after that
> required no holes to get it right....

Okay, now this has me bugged, .....Where's Gary?

So nice to be remembered, even if I haven't a clue. On my standard 1959-60
BN7, both spears fit flush to the fender and have no hole underneath. So the
difference may be (must be?) related to the tricarb. That is, assuming that
this
feature is consistent across all tricarbs. Bill Bolton, can you shed any light
on this? (If so, this subtle difference certainly is something else to add to
the list for when we produce our revised restoration book in a year or two.)

Is it possible that the factory feared or noted that there was a flow problem
with all three of those carbs gulping air inside the left fender? Was it an
attempt to give them some access to cold air, or to slightly increase the air
flow across the intakes?

Cheers
Gary

Check out the new British Cars Forum: