Re: BJ8 rad choices?

To: Robert - 65BJ8 <rnbmail@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: BJ8 rad choices?
From: Blue One Hundred <international_investor@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 01:11:30 -0700 (PDT)
Robert -

Ali Rads are very good, but are expensive and cannot
be recored.  In addition, it is highly recommended to
run a screen filter on the hot water intake to keep
crud out of the radiator because you can't recore it.

If your radiator is salvageable, why not just flush it
out thoroughly and reuse it.  If it isn't giving you
enough cooling, just remove it later and recore it
with a high efficiency (e.g. EXCEL core) or 4 row
core.  I can take out and replace a healey radiator in
less than 15 minutes... it's an easy job.

Regards,

Alan

'53 BN1 '64 BJ8

--- Robert - 65BJ8 <rnbmail@yahoo.com> wrote:

> List,
>
> For a fresh BJ8 restoration, what is the current
> wisdom for the radiator - back flush, or new core,
> or
> new ali rad?
>
> Suggestions please from the experienced folks.
>
> Thanks.
>
> =====
> Robert - 65BJ8
> rnbmail@yahoo.com
> Cell: 408-221-5244
>
> If this email message has been received by you in
> error, please contact the sender asap - Thank You.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: