Cam upgrade

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Cam upgrade
From: djjob@noos.fr
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 21:36:40 MEST
I have a standard BN4 with 6 port head and 1 3/4" SU's. I want to upgrade the
cam. The sensible option seems to be the BJ8 cam which everyone agrees is a
good road cam and a simple exchange with a pretty good power increase.

But what if I go the next step?. Dennis Welchs' next step is their DW8
described as fast road mild rally. Degree not mentioned but I suppose its
260-280. Their next step ups after that are to 300 then 320.

What would the pros and cons be of going to the fast road cam as opposed to the
BJ8 cam and would other mods be required.

thanks

Derek
www.healeysix.net

Check out the new British Cars Forum: