RE: starter problem

To: "'Scott Willis'" <ahpowered@hotmail.com>, <djjob@noos.fr>,
Subject: RE: starter problem
From: "Don Anglesey" <Don@anglesey.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 09:37:47 -0700
I would agree with Scott on this, I would check that the ground cable in
the trunk area is checked for tightness as well as any of the wires that
were disturbed in any way.  The bolt that indirectly shares the earth
would be the first wire I checked.  After our restoration my father was
in a hurry to get the car going and didn't bother to tighten the ground
and I had the same problem.  Once I went back and tightened everything
up problem gone.  I had a 62 mini cooper that also had a bad ground wire
and it is amazing the problems that it can cause, it took me a month to
track that one down.
Don
57' BN4